Date: 4/18/17 7:43 am
From: Ashley Peele via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Tacking Tricky Breeding Codes Part 2
Hi Folks,

Check out the latest Atlas article, "Tackling Tricky Codes Part 2: The
Probables," for tips on application of some of the more common, but tricky
Probable codes. A big thanks to both Betty Sue Cohen​ and Bob Schamerhorn​
for donating their awesome photos of breeding behaviors for this article!

The article can be read on the Atlas portal at:
http://ebird.org/content/atlasva/news/tacking-tricky-codes-part-2-the-probables/

The migrant stream is beginning it's transition from a flood to a torrent.
Remember to avoid using breeding codes for passage migrants that do not
breed in VA. We'll soon be putting out a new article on best practices for
coding migratory species.

Stay tuned and thanks much for all your efforts. We just hit *600
contributors* to the project on our Atlas eBird portal and are zeroing in
on *21,000 checklists* submitted. Woohoo!!

All the best,

Ashley Peele, PhD
Virginia Breeding Bird Atlas Coordinator
Conservation Management Institute - Virginia Tech
Office: 540-231-9182
Fax: 540-231-7019