Date: 4/18/17 7:37 am
From: Michael Baird <rkramden1994...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] FOY Eastern Kingbird along with other early migrants - Lowell Cemetery
Decent numbers of early warblers (Pine, Palm, Yellow-rumped) and
Ruby-crowned Kinglets to go along with my earliest record of Eastern
Kingbird at the cemetery (previous record was 4/23/15).
Good birding,
Mike Baird
Lowell, MA
rkramden 1994 (at) g mail dot com

Lowell Cemetery, Middlesex, Massachusetts, US
Apr 18, 2017 7:45 AM - 9:45 AM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
Comments: I birded the cemetery proper and included a brief excursion
to the adjacent Fort Hill Park. The weather was cool but bright and sunny,
a gorgeous spring morning. There was a good variety of migrants including a
singing Palm Warbler and FOY Eastern Kingbird, my earliest record for this
species in the cemetery by 5 days over the previous first sighting. The
Great Horned Owl seen yesterday did not make its presence known today.
31 species

Canada Goose 2
Wood Duck 2
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 2
Downy Woodpecker 4
Northern Flicker 2
Eastern Phoebe 2
Eastern Kingbird 1 Unmistakable - bright white belly, black cap/back,
broad white stripe on tail. Unable to get a record photo. This is my 3rd
April record for this species that nests along the Concord River just
outside the cemetery.
Blue Jay 3
American Crow 4
Tree Swallow 1