Date: 4/18/17 6:24 am
From: Comins, Patrick via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Yellow-headed Blackbird still
Mr. whistles was here at Stratford Point this morning. A little background on the name. Stefan was talking about Mr. Whistles one day and I thought he was talking about the blackbird. He was actually talking about one of our "whistle pigs" (groundhog, woodchuck) that had moved into the fox den. The name ended up sticking for the blackbird.

There has been some debate on whether it is Mr or Mrs Whistles. Plumage-wise it is a better fit for an adult female, but behavior seems to fit with a young male.

Patrick Comins, Audubon

Sent from my iPhone