Date: 4/17/17 8:32 pm
From: Cherrie Corey <cherrie.corey62...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Flock of Glossy Ibis at Great Meadows tonight (Concord)
While leading an impromptu evening walk tonight at Great Meadows, a flock of 38 glossy ibis flew in over the upper impoundment, circling around several times against a beautiful sunset sky. It appeared that they settled into the cattail hummocks at the back of the impoundment. Twenty ibis rose up and flew about again about 15-20 mins later, then appeared to resettle. Chorus frogs singing along the river, spring peepers and leopard frogs chiming in the marsh. Fantastic evening with a very special appearance!

I’ll post photos tomorrow on my website.

Cherrie Corey
Concord, MA

Cherrie A. Corey
Naturalist and photographer