Date: 4/17/17 7:14 pm
From: 'Chris Edwards' via IA-BIRD <ia-bird...>
Subject: [ia-bird] SE Iowa Birds
Highlights from a beautiful day in Lee and Van Buren counties today:

Argyle Junkyard
Bewick's Wren - pair, male singing frequently on both sides of road near
school bus with "Keep Out" sign.
Purple Finch 1

Shimek State Forest-Croton Unit
Broad-winged Hawk 1
All 7 woodpecker sp.
White-eyed Vireo 1
Hermit Thrush 1
Ovenbird 1
Louisiana Waterthrush 2
Black-and-white Warbler 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 1
Northern Parula 6
Yellow-rumped Warbler 2
Yellow-throated Warbler 1

Shimek State Forest-Farmington Unit
Red-breasted Nuthatch 1
Winter Wren 1
Pine Warbler 1
Yellow-throated Warbler 2

Mt. Sterling Area including Fox River WMA
13 waterfowl sp. including
Greater White-fronted Goose 2
Snow Goose 2
Trumpeter Swan 2
Hooded Merganser 3
Bald Eagle - pair at nest
Red-shouldered Hawk 1
Sora 1
White-eyed Vireo 1
Warbling Vireo 1
Grasshopper Sparrow 1
Henslow's Sparrow 1

My Heard Bird Big Year took a big leap forward today -- I added 17 species
for a total of 96 for the year, more than halfway to my goal of 180.

Chris Edwards
Solon, IA
<credwards...>