Date: 4/17/17 7:14 pm
From: Range Bayer <range.bayer...>
Subject: [obol] Moving Northeast Newport Mockingbird--Yes
Hi,

This morning, Chuck Philo saw a mockingbird calling and displaying in
the top of a tree before it rained. It was near the Avery Building at
NE 2nd and NE Benton Streets in Newport. Paul Reed found one at 326
NE 11th Street on April 15th, and this one was probably the same one
that Paul first found there on Dec. 16.

In a straight line, today's NE 2nd and NE Benton Streets is roughly
3.2 miles from the Southshore development in South Beach were Wayne
Hoffman reported a mockingbird to OBOL as recently as yesterdat;
others had found the Southshore Mockingbird on April 15 (see email
below).

But they are across Yaquina Bay from each other. Will one cross the
bay? Can they hear each other from that distance?

I don't recall another time when there were 2 mockingbirds in Lincoln
County at the same time.

Range Bayer, Newport, Oregon.