Date: 4/17/17 7:07 pm
From: Billy Reiter-Marolf <wreiterm...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Black-necked Stilt - Pool Slough - Allamakee County
Hey Birders,

Tonight I followed up on an eBird alert for a Black-necked Stilt in Pool
Slough WMA that was first reported on Saturday and again on Sunday. I was
able to relocate the bird ~0.5 miles down Army Road on the north side of
the road. It was foraging along with several Lesser Yellowlegs and a few
Greater Yellowlegs. Other highlights included 53 Sandhill Cranes, 8
continuing Ross's Geese, 2 Snow Geese, 80 Greater White-fronted Geese, and
19 Great Egrets. I also heard a Sora calling. The water level is rising on
the river, so the current shorebird habitat may be underwater by the
weekend.

Good Birding!

Billy Reiter-Marolf
Allamakee County