Date: 4/17/17 6:18 pm
From: David Suddjian <dsuddjian...>
Subject: [cobirds] Ken Caryl Valley. JeffCo 4/17
This morning a male *Black-and-white Warbler* was along Massey Draw in Ken
Caryl Valley, Jefferson Co (no public access). It did not linger and seemed
to be moving through in loose association with some Audubon's *Yellow-rumped
Warblers*. A *Wilson's Snipe* was there in the marshy section, but I still
haven't heard it winnowing or chipping. Later from my home I saw a
*Broad-winged
Hawk*. A *Swainson's Hawk* and *Violet-green Swallow* there today were my
first in the Valley this spring, and Swainson's seemed to be everywhere I
went on errands today, with a whole string of observations.

I've noted that *Spotted Towhees* are much more frequent (singing on
territories) within the developed portion of Ken Caryl Valley this spring.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO