Date: 4/17/17 1:05 pm
From: Bird.fried <bird.fried...>
Subject: [texbirds] Feathered Friday at TNC Mad Island Marsh Preserve
Texbirders:

This Friday, April 21st we will hold Feathered Friday at the TNC Mad Island Marsh Preserve in Matagorda County. Meet at the main gate on Franzene Road at 8am. Please let us know if you plan to attend. In case you are running a little late, we can wait for you; once we are on the Preserve the gate is locked behind us. Bring water and a sack lunch and join the fun. Spring migration is in full swing so who knows what we might find! The Smithsonian banding team is still on site as well.

Directions: From FM521 in Matagorda County, take FM1095 south 3-4 miles. After a big turn to the right/west, go another mile to Brazos Tower Rd (brown Mad Island WMA sign). Turn left here and go another couple of miles to the intersection with Franzene Rd (pavement ends and this is a gravel road). Turn left again and go about 2 miles east on Franzene to the end of the road at the main gate. The gate area, a shared entrance, is marked with Preserve and WMA signs. Approx GPS coordinates are 28.6884, -96.11104.

Bob Friedrichs
Palacios
925-998-7052
Sent from my iPadEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at
http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner

Join us on Facebook!