Date: 4/17/17 12:13 pm
From: A Betuel <ykcul88...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Bird monitors needed for Atlanta Audubon - Auburn University study
Georgia Birders,
Atlanta Audubon is working with researchers at Auburn University on a
West Nile virus study within Metro Atlanta. They are interested in looking
at the dilution effect in regards to avian diversity within Atlanta.
Basically, the dilution effect is the idea that increased biodiversity is
protective against infection with zoonotic pathogens. Our role in this
partnership will be to carry out bird surveys, likely point counts. This
will probably occur in late May or June though details and methodology are
still being worked out.
If you have an interest in volunteering then please send me an email.
You need to be able to identify the birds of Atlanta by sight and sound.
The time commitment for this should minimal, likely involving a morning or
two of counts. This email address is fine though I would prefer you contact
me at <adam...>

Thank you.

Good birding!

--
*Adam M Betuel*

*Director of Conservation - Atlanta Audubon Society*

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>