Date: 4/17/17 11:37 am
From: Ryan Tomazin <wvwarblers...>
Subject: Beaver County - 4/22/17 Raccoon Creek Birding Outing with 3RBC, Brooks Bird Club and others
Hello all,

This Saturday, I'll be leading a joint birding outing at Raccoon Creek State Park. While birding is the focus, botanists can join along and point out flowers while we point out birds. All pertinent information is listed below.

As per nearly every other year, the day of the outing is to be a little brisk, but hopefully that brings birds.

IMPORTANT: if you were intending on coming through the park from the eastern entrance near the Wildflower Reserve, keep in mind that the park road is closed just past the dam, so you'll have to skip that entrance and continue west to Rt. 18 south and enter from the park that way, up to Picnic Area West.

Questions? Contact me. Potluck lunch around 12:30.

Ryan Tomazin - Bridgeville, PA 15017 - 412-220-9726 - <wvwarblers...>

Saturday, April 22 - Raccoon Creek State Park
This is a joint bird, wildflower walk and picnic with the Brooks Bird Club, which is based in West Virginia. Ryan Tomazin (412-220-9726, (<wvwarblers...>) will be leading the bird walk. We will meet at the Roadside Picnic Area West at 9:30 AM. We will drive to the beach and around the lake after checking out the picnic parking lot area, then probably to the Ranger's Station and beyond. Lunch will be between 12:30-1:00, and will be potluck. Please bring a dish to feed 6-10 people (at least), and bring your own plates, cutlery and drinks. There are ample picnic benches there under the giant oaks.

If there is any interest, and if the weather holds, we can bird and botanize the Wildflower Reserve after lunch. It should be the perfect time for wildflowers.

If you have any questions, or would like to RSVP, please feel free to contact Ryan either by phone or by email. Hope to see you there!

Directions: From Pittsburgh take Route 22/30 and exit at Imperial. Take Route 30 west PAST Raccoon Creek State Park entrance, to the intersection with Rt. 18, and take Rt. 18 south to a left at the park entrance; drive through the park to the Roadside West picnic area.

Join us on Facebook!