Date: 4/17/17 11:15 am
From: David Young <lcdyoung93...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Common Merganser Chicks on the Potomac
I reported this yesterday on the Va-Bird , but want to make note of it here.
Once again there are Common Merganser chicks on the Potomac. I saw
them yesterday (4/16) in the area just north of the visitors center at Riverbend.
They were in Maryland waters in the vicinity of the "new " Bald Eagle nest also
in Maryland. This is now the second aerie above Great Falls. The 5 chicks were
all close to Mom who was lounging on a rock in the sun. I think this is at least
the 7th year they have successfully bred on this stretch of the river.

Dave Young
Reston, Va
<lcdyoung93...>