Date: 4/17/17 8:18 am
From: greg hanisek via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] B-t Green Warbler, Licthfield
This morning I had an adult male (well seen) singing along the trail into Little Pond at White Memorial from White Road (actually on my way out). This is right around the expected first arrival date over the past five years. I also had a House Wren on Hard Hill Road in Bethlehem (and I know Frank Gallo had a couple this morning at Mondo Ponds, Milford). Also on the boardwalk at the N end of the pond I had one singing Marsh Wren and two Virginia Rails. A single unfamiliar call note caught my attention and as I turned to look two rails popped up very briefly in chase before diving right back in. After they disappeared one gave a full kik-kik-kadik song. If I'd only heard that first call note, I wouldn't have been sure what it was. It was higher than a typical Va Rail call and probably was related to the agitation of the chase. I'd met Mike Doyle there a bit earlier and he said he'd heard a couple Va-like call notes.
Greg HanisekWaterbury