Date: 4/17/17 7:40 am
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Rufous/Allen's Notes
Rufous does not breed in Cal. I think they breed at higher elevations in interior Curry.

2020 is doing Curry the first week of June. We will need to "discount" male Rufous in the mountains, as those are migrants.

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

<acontrer56...>

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 17, 2017, at 4:56 AM, Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...> wrote:
>
> Paul Sullivan et al. found a Rufous Hummer nest at Euchre Creek in the fuschia bush that grows on the first big building after turning off Hwy 101. That means the nesting overlap area extends from there north to Bandon and east also along the main Coquille River to Coquille then up the SF Coquille to the Powers area. Historically I remember hearing that Rufous do not breed in CA- anyone know if that is true? If do how far south do Rufous breed in Oregon? I would say that maybe the 2020 crew might dig up some interesting info but June is too late to be looking as most birds have fledged and starting migrating by that time.
>
> Nice find by Paul's crew anyhow. I don't spend enough time in far south Curry to know if and where Rufous breed down there???
>
> Merry migration!
> Tim R
> Coos Bay
POST: Send your post to <obol...>