Date: 4/17/17 4:56 am
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Rufous/Allen's Notes
Paul Sullivan et al. found a Rufous Hummer nest at Euchre Creek in the
fuschia bush that grows on the first big building after turning off Hwy
101. That means the nesting overlap area extends from there north to Bandon
and east also along the main Coquille River to Coquille then up the SF
Coquille to the Powers area. Historically I remember hearing that Rufous do
not breed in CA- anyone know if that is true? If do how far south do Rufous
breed in Oregon? I would say that maybe the 2020 crew might dig up some
interesting info but June is too late to be looking as most birds have
fledged and starting migrating by that time.

Nice find by Paul's crew anyhow. I don't spend enough time in far south
Curry to know if and where Rufous breed down there???

Merry migration!
Tim R
Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!