Date: 4/16/17 8:40 pm
From: David Griffin <birdingnm...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Louisa Co., Cone Marsh
I spent a couple of hours out at Cone Marsh late today (Apr 16).
Highlights included:

Large #s of American white pelicans (145)
Several Sandhill cranes (4 and one more in farm fields to north of marsh)
Palm warbler - foraging with the scad sof yellow-rumped warblers along the
road into the boat launch.
Franklin's gull - perched on a pole with Forster's terns in the marsh in
north
Forster's terns (4) - flew in to north end and perched on poles - later
disrupted by ring-billed gulls
N Rough-winged swallow (9) - my FOY
Barn swallow (1)
Yellow-rumped warbler (Myrtle) - 165 - all over in woodlands - many at
levee woodland and well over 100 along the road into boat launch.

Not observed east of the marsh - loggerhead shrike at traditional area.

On my drive back to Muscatine I had 2 female Northern bobwhite (2) fly
across road about 400m East of the G28/Hwy 70 intersection.

--
David
Muscatine, IA