Date: 4/16/17 7:07 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Coos/Curry Update
Been gone but here is what I hear:

Mike Seedborg had some early Black-throated Grays on the east side of Coos
Bay on the 9th- a week or two earlier than normal on the coast end of the
county. He had a CASSIN'S VIREO at his place in Coos Bay on the 14th with a
nice sound recording.
On the 15th I heard a VESPER SPARROW up Floras Creek, Curry at the usual
spot but no luck up Bethel Mtn in Coos this morning.

Today I met Paul Sullivan et al. down in Gold Beach. The most fun was a
warbler flock we hit just right at Jerry's Flat- at least 20
ORANGE-CROWNEDS, 4 or 5 WILSON'S, 10 or so YELLOW-RUMPS, 2 TOWNSENDS, and
one each of BLACK-THROATED GRAY and NASHVILLE (the latter not regular on
the coast in spring). Several yellowthroats also there. I saw a SAY'S
PHOEBE when we first arrived but it flew west and disappeared. At the south
jetty we had up to 26 Caspian Terns. Only gulls we saw were Westerns,
GWings and Cals.

No gulls to laugh about but will keep my eyes out for a new OR species for
me in OR (if they can show up in Lincoln why not Coos!).

Merry springtime!
Tim R
Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!