Date: 4/16/17 7:08 pm
From: Scott Baron <razorbill1...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Riverbend Park - Orchard Oriole and more, Fairfax Co.; April 16
Hi,

Riverbend Park was busy today. Lots of people enjoying the nice weather, the birds and the wildflower show. The Virginia Bluebells are past peak.

I heard two ORCHARD ORIOLES singing - one near the boat launch and the other in less typical habitat along Potomac Hills St. (this is the road to the boat launch/Visitor Center) in a little woodland clearing. These birds were early and thus were flagged by ebird. Other recent arrivals included Eastern Kingbird and House Wren.

Only a few species of warblers during my 3 mile walk and drive - Yellow-rumped, Yellow-throated and Northern Parula. The Bald Eagle continues on its nest a little upriver from the Visitor Center.

Happy birding and happy Easter,

Scott Baron

Gaithersburg, Md.