Date: 4/16/17 4:38 pm
From: Bird Watcher's Supply <birdwsg...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] White-eyed Vireo - Ipswich 4/16
We went to the Hamlin Reservation in Ipswich late this afternoon after not finding the large flock of ibis at Appleton Farms and environs. We only found a few glossy ibis among the great and snowy egrets at Hamlin, but the real surprise was when we first stepped out of the car, a very early WHITE-EYED VIREO was singing its distinct song in the tree above us. It sang several times, moving across the parking lot in the trees above, and headed off toward the house on the hill to the west. We never saw the bird, but the song was loud and unmistakeable.

Steve Grinley & Margo Goetschkes
Cambridge

Join us on Facebook!