Date: 4/16/17 4:38 pm
From: terry ballenger <t.ballenger...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Shorebirds
There is a lingering mixed flock of approx. 100-150 shorebirds in standing water in the fields surrounding the intersection of 186th St. and Promise Road near Noblesville.  The largest group was is the water directly across the road from the water tower on Promise Rd.  You can park at the edge of the road on 186th St. (use flashers).  Promise Road is way too busy to pull off.
I'm not the best on shorebirds, but I'm fairly certain I had Semipalmated Sandpiper and Least Sandpiper and probably more I couldn't ID.  I walked out into the field to get as close as I could without flushing them, but only had binos with me.  It would be great if others could confirm.
Also present were: Blue-winged teal; Mallards; Wood Ducks and Lesser Yellowlegs.
I'm going by tomorrow hoping they will stay put for a few days.
Good birding,Terry Ballenger, Ham. Co.

Join us on Facebook!