Date: 4/16/17 4:05 pm
From: TODD HOOE <hooe...>
Subject: Warblers, Allegheny County
It's been a nice start to Spring migration. Since Friday, I have had a total of 7 warbler species:
1. Yellow-throated Warbler (at GAP Trail)
2. Yellow-rumped Warbler (at GAP trail and Barking Slopes)
3. Prairie Warbler (at Imperial Grasslands)
4. Louisiana Waterthrush (at Barking Slopes)
5. Black-throated Green Warbler (at Barking Slopes)
6. Black-and-white Warbler (at Barking Slopes)
7. Yellow Warbler (at East Deer Recreational Park)

Oliver Lindhiem and I were surprised to have a Prairie Warbler fly into to small bush in a construction zone along King Rd in Imperial, adjacent to PRAW nesting grounds that have been destroyed from development this past year. It briefly sang, then after no more than 20 seconds, flew off into the distance (toward Burgettstown Rd.). This evening, while waiting in my car for the storm to pass at East Deer Recreational Park, I heard a Yellow Warbler sing as the rain slowed and the sun emerged from the clouds.
eBird checklists with some documentary photographs and recordings are here:

Good birding,
Todd Hooe, Pittsburgh, PA

Join us on Facebook!