Date: 4/16/17 10:32 am
From: Carolyn A. Marsh <cmarshbird...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Illiana Birds: HBS and 129th St. State Line Wetland
15 April 2017 - Today-early a.m., Hammond Bird Sanctuary, a Veery was a new
arrival. There is an increase in Hermit Thrushes, 15, Yellow-rumped
Warblers, 15, and singing White-throated Sparrows, 30.

At the Wolf Lake 129th St., State Line Wetland there is property damage and
vandalism that was brought to the attention of the IDNR. A different problem
was hopefully fixed yesterday. After a two-hour waste of my time with two
fishermen, they called the DNR. When the DNR officer arrived, called his HQ,
called the Hammond Port Authority, and looked up the mitigation area on a
map, he decided the small-mitigated area was in fact for wildlife viewing..
He told me the Port Authority would put "No fishing" signs up.

Carolyn Marsh, Whiting, Lake County

Join us on Facebook!