Date: 4/16/17 8:25 am
From: Michael Fialkovich <mpfial...>
Subject: Allegheny County--Frick Park, Etc.
Hi,

This morning at Frick Park I found two Black-throated Green Warblers, Yellow-rumped Warblers, a Black-and-white Warbler, a Blue-headed Vireo, a Hermit Thrush and Blue-gray Gnatcatchers all at the meadow above the nature center.

Yesterday at Dashields Dam on the Ohio River I saw a small group of 6 Bonaparte's Gulls and a Common Merganser fly past. I was only there a short time when one of the workers informed me (and the fisherman) they were closing the gate and we had to leave. I don't know what was going on but I had to go.

I also watched the site on Friday and had two Forster's Terns, a Caspian Tern, 13 Bonaparte's Gulls and five Double-crested Cormorants fly past. The two Forster's Terns were actively diving for fish but at one point both landed on the water and drifted downriver out of site. I rarely see terns rest on the water.

At home on Friday I had a beautiful male Yellow-bellied Sapsucker.

Mike Fialkovich
Pittsburgh Area, Allegheny County

Join us on Facebook!