Date: 4/15/17 10:42 pm
From: SeEttaM . <seettam...>
Subject: [cobirds] E. Phoebe gathering nest material in Florence River Park and Pygmy Nuthatch excavating nest hole in Beulah
Today I spotting an Eastern Phoebe in Florence River Park. As I watched as
it flew back and forth gathering nesting material and I got a couple of
photos of it with nesting material in it's beak. I have uploaded those to
my Birds and Nature blog <http://birdsandnature.blogspot.com/>as well as 2
other pics of this phoebe. I also spotted it's mate and on closer
inspection it is probably a hybrid Eastern X Black Phoebe. I wasn't able to
get a pic of it but will work on that.

I also found another Black Phoebe on the utility wires above the train
bridge at the entrance to Holcim Wetlands. Note these wetlands and trail
are still closed (though I am seeing fishermen entering anyway) but I could
easily see the phoebe from the side of CR20 with my binoculars. Fyi, the
wetlands are really not wetlands since the river flooded the wetlands and
made a large entrance and large exit for water to the river effecting
making the pond just another leg of the river which has never been
repaired.

Also on my Birds and Nature blog are some photos of a Pygmy Nuthatch that I
found excavating it's nest hole <http://birdsandnature.blogspot.com/>when I
was in Beulah last week.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City