Date: 4/15/17 8:19 pm
From: Stefan Schlick <greenfant...>
Subject: [obol] More Newport area birds
The Laughing Gull was seen today by many folks during the day. Mid morning it was about 1mi south of the South Beach SP parking lot, way past the 3rd creek crossing. Nearby, Will Clemens and I also noted a Whimbrel together with a LONG-BILLED CURLEW.

Along SW Jetty Way, a single Long-tailed Duck was working the channel. It was diving a lot. At the end of the SW Jetty Way, the Say's Phoebe continues.

At the Marine Science Center, a CHIPPING SPARROW was on the lawn near 44.622691, -124.042536 with Savannahs. A few Brant are hanging on. A Short-billed Dowitcher, 2 Black-bellied Plovers and a Greater Yellowlegs briefly landed on the mudflats and the beach. I missed the Palm Warbler.

Stefan Schlick
Hillsboro, OR

Join us on Facebook!