Date: 4/15/17 4:16 pm
From: Phil <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Fox Island - Allen Co. - AM
A nice hike this morning at Fox Island produced these highlights......
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker - 1Brown Thrasher- 2House Wren - 2Winter Wren - 3 Great looks and a really energetic songBlue Gray Gnatcatcher - 6+White Throated Sparrow - lots.  Singing all over the parkEastern Phoebe - 2Hermit Thrush - 5+Dark-eyed Junco- 6 Probably leaving soon.Yellow-Throated Warbler - 1 singing on the main trailYellow-Rumped Warbler - 8+Pine Warbler - 6+ FOY Singing and moving north of the tree trail.

Friday Evening after work I raced down to Eagle Marsh to see the reported Black Necked Stilts.Six of them on the south side of the main pond on the boy scout parking lot side.  Before Fox Island this AM, I went by and did not pick them up from the parking lot, but heard later on that Four were on the East of the Towpath trail side.
Also of note, I still had a Red Breasted Nuthatch coming to my feeders yesterday.
Phil Wixom

Join us on Facebook!