Date: 4/15/17 1:42 pm
From: Steve Sanford <bwredbird...>
Subject: Ross's Goose, etc - Mercer Co
This morning I was at the propagation area (Shenango Lake) and Jeff Brinker came along and pointed out to me a potentially interesting sleeping white bird in the corn stubble above the south pond. We watched it a short time with scopes (from between the ponds) and pretty soon it raised its head and showed a dark stubby bill to confirm it was a Ross's Goose. Thanks Jeff!
Along the walk I heard and saw another Pine Warbler (after two yesterday at Mahaney), and had my first-of-year House Wrens (2).
There were not too many ducks left in the ponds.
At home I was greeted by my FOY Purple Finch.
Steve Sanford
Sharon PA

Join us on Facebook!