Date: 4/15/17 10:24 am
From: Joe Gyekis <j99...>
Subject: Rhoneymeade walk
Hi everyone,
This morning 14 of us walked around the historic property. Sparrows were back in force--grasshopper, vesper, and savannah were in the hay fields. Many ruby-crowned kinglets, a few yellow-rumped warblers, good numbers of thrashers, and a red-breasted nuthatch were all upstaged by a pair of chickadees working together to excavate a hole in the top of a broken off dead sapling. It was a very pleasant morning for a walk at a beautiful property.
Thanks to Rhoneymeade for hosting--especially James Lesher for telling us about the place and some of its history--and everyone who came out.
Joe