Date: 4/15/17 5:28 am
From: Richard Price <rprice210...>
Subject: Good Day at West Fairview and West Hanover
My wife Peggy and I had a good morning yesterday birding the Creek Trail from West Fairview, where we had 33 species, including 2 Yellow-throated Warblers, 1 Pine Warbler, several Yellow-rumped Warblers, 2 Ruby-crowned Kinglets and a pair of male and female Belted Kingfishers.

Upon arriving back home in West Hanover Township, Dauphin County, we were surprised to find at least 2 male Purple Finches and 1 female at our feeders, in the Viburnum, and in the blossoming Serviceberry ( Shad bush.) It's the first time we've seen Purple Finches in the yard since 2014. One of the males was in extremely bright breeding plumage.

Happy Easter!

Rick (and Peggy) Price

Join us on Facebook!