Date: 4/14/17 8:10 pm
From: Leon Bright <urraca2...>
Subject: [cobirds] Singing shrike
COBirders-Last week I posted two photos by Jim Thompson of La Junta showing
a Loggerhead Shrike singing while raising one foot in the air. Joe Roller
suggested that I report answers to the question "Is this a known behavior
for this species?" Of the five responses to my post, no one offered any
answer, just various forms of astonishment. That's okay, astonishment is
fine in this case. An image of a shrike singing is noteworthy in itself.

Leon Bright

Pueblo