Date: 4/14/17 8:11 pm
From: <5hats...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Fork-tailed Storm-petrel under Newport bridge?
Jennifer,
Its not very common, but it does happen. I first saw Fork-tailed Storm Petrels, maybe half a dozen of them, in Yaquina Bay in August, 1983. Sometime a few years after that up to fifty of them came into the bay and hung around for several weeks. That time they were seen at least as far inside the bay as the Coast Guard Station east of the bridge.

Darrel