Date: 4/14/17 8:05 pm
From: 'Derek and Jeannette Lovitch' via Maine birds <maine-birds...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Additional Highlights This Week and New Arrivals, 4/8-14
Hi all,
A few more observations of note for me (mostly they have been previously reported in Bradbury Mountain Hawkwatch reports) over the past seven days included:
- 1 FISH CROW, 750 American Black Ducks, 250 Mallards, 210 Green-winged Teal, 124 Ring-necked Ducks, 10 Northern Pintails, 2 American Wigeon, 2 Lesser Scaup, etc, Mouth of the Abby, Bowdoinham, 4/9 (with Pat Moynahan).
- 1 pair Gadwall, Florida Lake Park, Freeport, 4/12 (with Katrina Fenton. My 160th Patch Bird here!).
- 3 drake Northern Shoveler, 6 Northern Pintails, 2 Lesser Scaup, etc, Mouth of the Abby, 4/13.

And my personal FOYs this week also included:
1 American Kestrel, Wolfe's Neck Farm, Freeport, 4/8 (with Saturday Morning Birdwalk group).
1 Chipping Sparrow, feeders here at the store, 4/9.
2 Pine Warblers, Bradbury Mountain Hawkwatch, 4/10.
4 "Yellow" Palm Warblers, Bradbury Mountain Hawkwatch, 4/10.
28 Broad-winged Hawks, Bradbury Mountain Hawkwatch, 4/10.
7 Northern Flickers, Bradbury Mountain Hawkwatch, 4/11.
2 Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers, Bradbury Mountain Hawkwatch, 4/11
1 Barn Swallow, Bradbury Mountain Hawkwatch, 4/11.
1 Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Bradbury Mountain Hawkwatch, 4/11.
3 Yellow-rumped Warblers, Bradbury Mountain Hawkwatch, 4/11.
1 Pine Siskin, Florida Lake Park, Freeport, 4/12 (with Katrina Fenton).
2 Swamp Sparrows, Florida Lake Park, Freeport, 4/12 (with Katrina Fenton)
1 Winter Wren, Florida Lake Park, Freeport, 4/12 (with Katrina Fenton).
1 Wilson's Snipe, Pineland Farm, New Gloucester (with Woodcocks Gone Wild tour group).

-Derek

Derek and Jeannette Lovitch
Freeport Wild Bird Supply
541 Route One, Suite 10