Date: 4/14/17 7:04 pm
From: john kendall <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Kankakee River Valley 4000+ Pectorals, LBDO's, Black-bellied & Golden Plovers, Brewer's Blackbirds and other new arrivals
Finally, good turnover the past 24-36 hours, as today's list of shorebirds was an order of magnitude larger than earlier in the week.   On Wednesday, I stopped by briefly at Kankakee FWA and the Sod Farm areas late in the day and fewer shorebirds compared to what I had counted on Monday.

Highlights included 3 Long-billed Dowitchers on my first stop of the morning near Shamrock Sod, 4 Brewer's Blackbirds (in same LaPorte Co. wet spot I found 150 Rusty's on Monday but could not sort through them to my satisfaction to confirm Brewer's), a couple of Black-bellied Plovers by Whispering Pines GC in St. Joe Co, (Near Pierce Rd.), over 4000 Pectoral Sandpipers and 39 Golden Plovers in LaPorte Co. (Kankakee FWA). Also, FOY Spotted Sandpiper, Yellow-throated Warbler and birding part of the time with Bob Huguenard.

details on ebird:
Laporte Co. FWA http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S35961270
Pierce rd. LaPorte Co side http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S35961477
Pierce Rd. St. Joseph Co. side http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S35961786