Date: 4/14/17 4:47 pm
From: Karen Viste-Sparkman <vistesparrow...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Des Moines birds
This afternoon, just after the thunderstorms abated, Stuart and I walked
the Trestle Trail along the Des Moines River in Des Moines. The birds were
very active, and included a singing CAROLINA WREN, a singing MARSH WREN,
and two HOUSE WRENS, one of which was singing. Near the parking lot we saw
a swallow fly in and land on a wire, and it turned out to be our FOY
NORTHERN ROUGH-WINGED SWALLOW. American Robins and House Finches were seen
building nests, and a pair of Northern Cardinals were partaking in some
amorous behavior. Spring is here!

Karen Viste-Sparkman
Des Moines

--
“Remember that all through history, there have been tyrants and murderers,
and for a time, they seem invincible. But in the end, they always fall.