Date: 4/14/17 4:34 pm
From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Light Pacific Wren at Mount Tabor
*

I'm inclined to agree with Jeff. Lacking a vocalization, I wouldn't eliminate Winter Wren. The time of year is compelling, number of transient Pac Wrens on Tabor is high right now. I would expect western Winter Wrens to be lighter than those in Maine. Lars
On Apr 14, 2017, at 3:27 PM, Jeff Gilligan wrote:

> Why do you write that it was not a Winter Wren (the east of the Rockies species)? I am not suggesting that it was, but why not?
>

>> On Apr 14, 2017, at 2:22 PM, George Neavoll <gneavoll...> wrote:
>>
>> Very light PACIFIC WREN bounding across e.-side road at Mount Tabor (S.E. East Tabor Drive on maps) this morning. It was light-colored enough to be the Winter Wren of the East - WHICH IT WAS NOT - but it was as light or even lighter than the Winter Wrens I've known in Maine (and elsewhere). Just saying . . .
>>
>> (Bird wasn't vocalizing. This morning's drizzly weather was no time to sing.)
>>
>> George Neavoll
>> S.W. PortlandPOST: Send your post to <obol...>
>>

> POST: Send your post to <obol...>

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!