Date: 4/14/17 4:27 pm
From: Howard Wu <howiewu1...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Sully Woodlands Northern Shrike -- yes!
Hi, all:

I made another (and probably final, for the season) trip to Sully Woodlands
today. After about one hour of searching, I finally spotted the bird. Not
only that, since it perched on a tree near the dirt road that dissects the
field, I had the best viewing to date.

Another amusing thing is that I think that I have circumstantial evidence
that Killdeers visited this place -- because I picked up their calls from a
Norther Mockingbird's songs! I also saw a procession of Wild Turkeys.

The ticks were abundant and ferocious -- I was vigilant and picked off 4
from my clothes and body. I immediately took a thorough shower after
getting home. For this reason, I may just not go there for a while ...

For pictures and more narrative, see my rolling log here:

http://www.travelerathome.com/2016_10_shrike/2016_10_shrike.html

Cheers,
Howard Wu
Herndon, VA