Date: 4/14/17 3:42 pm
From: Steve Sanford <bwredbird...>
Subject: Pine Warblers and other FOYs
This morning at the Mahaney Area (Shenango Lake) I saw two bright yellow Pine Warblers flitting about and singing in the trees by the gate on the road to the lower dam. They were still there after about 45 minutes. They are not at all common in Mercer County. I also had my first Gnatcatcher nearby.
I have seen several Yellow-rumped Warblers here and there in the past few days.
I saw my first Hermit Thrush in Buhl Park yesterday (April 13), and first Ruby-crowned Kinglet there April 10. Also, like last spring, there has been a Common Loon at Lake Julia in Buhl Park for about a week.
Steve Sanford
Sharon PA

Join us on Facebook!