Date: 4/14/17 3:11 pm
From: Rodger Rang <rrang...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Eagle Marsh BNSTs-- April 14 PM
Between appointments and naps today, I made a couple of stops in my local area, netting some annuals in the process.
From the Fox Island Nature Center's deck, I noted a couple of singing House Wrens, my FOS Yellow-throated Warbler (singing), and my FOS Blue-headed Vireo (silent), the latter record the earliest arrival for NE Indiana by two days.
Later, thanks to an indirect report from Renee Wright, I visited the west end of Eagle Marsh and found the six Black-necked Stilts that had been reported to her.  They were on the south side of the main basin and viewable from the Boy Scout lot.  For NE Indiana, this is the earliest arrival date by 11 days (though there aren't that many records) and may constitute the largest number of individuals in one group for the area.
Rodger RangFort Wayne

Join us on Facebook!