Date: 4/14/17 1:39 pm
From: John Fussell <jofuss...>
Subject: American Golden-Plover still at Rachel Carson Reserve, NC
The American Golden-Plover is still at Bird Shoal, Rachel Carson Reserve
(Beaufort Inlet). I saw it this morning near the "horses' watering hole",
opposite Gordon Street in Beaufort. It is in non-breeding plumage.

Other birds I observed on my census this morning were about 13 Wilson's
Plovers, 1 Piping Plover, 72 Whimbrels, 80 Marbled Godwits, and 12 Red
Knots.

On Tuesday there was a pair of Piping Plovers. There is currently excellent
breeding habitat at the Reserve for Pipings, but unfortunately the site is
often overrun with people and off-leash dogs.

On the way back to my boat, I saw 4 Phaon Crescents at their usual site.

John Fussell
Morehead City, NC

Join us on Facebook!