Date: 4/14/17 11:40 am
From: Logan Anderson <northamericaroks...>
Subject: [Va-bird] 11 warbler day
Today George Burruss and I headed up to the Blue-ridge Parkway to do a little birding around the entrances to Warbler road and Petites Gap. We had 3 Black-throated Green Warblers at Petites, and several Ovenbirds, Black-and-white, Black-throated Green, and 1 Black-throated Blue warbler at Warbler Road. We also had Yellow-rumped Warblers, a Pine Warbler, and a few Louisiana Waterthrushes at the James River Gap. In Lynchburg there were 2 Palm Warblers and a Common Yellowthroat at College Lake, and Yellow-throated Warblers and Prothonotary Warblers were seen at Percival’s Island. Other highlights included a Broad-winged Hawk, Blue-headed Vireo, and Hooded Merganser.

Happy Birding,
Logan