Date: 4/14/17 11:43 am
From: Jack E. Solomon <00000003433c95af-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Frick Today, Allegheny County, Blue-headed Vireo, Pine Warbler, R-c Kinglet
Frick Park Today, Allegheny  County, on Riverview Hill, selected observations:

Blue-headed Vireo, Pine Warbler, Ruby-crowned Kinglets, several
Jack Solomon, with Susie Solomon

Yesterday, we checked out a rumored Pileated Warbler nest hole in a dead ash with big wood chips at its base, on Falls Ravine Trail. One flew over about 100 meters uphill from the putative nest tree, but we saw no other PiWo. Trillum blooms on steep portions of the ravine's north slope, as does spring beauty and Carolina spring beauty, and cut-leafed toothwort. Down near Nine Mile Run, American toads trill.
I'm immensely wealthy, with as much access as anyone in the world to 600 acres of woods, streams, vernal ponds, and fields almost as a backyard, right in the middle of a city.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Join us on Facebook!