Date: 4/14/17 10:52 am
From: Hailey Walls <hailey.m.w...>
Subject: [obol] Oaks Bottom Bird Song Walk 4/12
Hello all,

Another belated report from our morning bird song walk at Oaks Bottom on Tuesday the 12th. We had excellent turnout again with 26 people in attendance. The group continues to be experts at finding nests. This week we added an active Bushtit nest and a Spotted towhee nest to our list. The Cooper's hawk nest somehow wasn't blown away in the storm and we got to watch the pair working on it for a bit, including some dramatic aerial battles with their crow neighbors.

Other highlights this week included a singing White-throated sparrow and a Peregrine flyover. The sparrow was not very cooperative but at least some of the group had a few good looks. The Peregrine made for an excellent final bird for the day, bringing our total species count to 41.

Our eBird checklist can be seen here: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S35874792
And a more full write up with a photo is on my website: http://haileywalls.com/birding/oaks-bottom-bird-song-walk-412/

Thanks to everyone who showed up and I hope to see you next time!
-Hailey Walls

Join us on Facebook!