Date: 4/14/17 8:47 am
From: Ted Nichols II <tanicholsii...>
Subject: Re: Stilt Sandpiper, American Golden Plover, Long-Billed Dowitcher, Dunlin, Miller's Ponds, Crawford County
Using this as an opportunity to get some feedback from those that bird
Miller's regularly as recent reports have had me wondering....

Curious how birders are separating Long-billed from Short-billed Dowitcher
for their recent reports at Miller's? Not sure what the spring trend is up
that way.

It seems that over the last week or so 3 dowitchers have continued to be
reported at Miller's, but with most birders logging them as Short-billed.

There was only one other report of 3 Long-billed in this recent period and
that was sandwiched in between a bunch of continuing reports of 3
Short-billed.

Thanks for any context anyone can add!

Regards,
Ted Nichols II
Annville, Pa. (Lebanon County)

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 09:13 Rob Hodgson <robhodgson888...> wrote:

> Ken Pinnow and I are at Miller's Ponds now and have the following birds of
> note:
>
> 1 Stilt Sandpiper (likely continuing)
> 1 American Golden Plover
> 3 Long-billed Dowitchers