Date: 4/14/17 7:48 am
From: Bob Knight <bob...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] FOY Wood ducks, GBHE, EAPH,OSPR and a BEAR in Brooksville
Hi all,
Yesterday 2 Wood ducks flew into our cove. Hoping they will nest in one of
our many dead trees. While watching the Wood ducks in our binocs a Great
Blue Heron stalked by behind them.
Also--the Phoebes are here rebuilding a nest and
last night we had a VERY LARGE black bear dismantling our suet feeders .
Time to take them all in I guess. We have had a family of Raccoons
intermittently feeding on birdseed at night for
the last 3 weeks--seemed early for them to be un-denned, but I guess spring
is finally here.
AND FOY Osprey just flew overhead!