Date: 4/14/17 7:06 am
From: Sue McGrath <newburyportbirders...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Plum Island Purple Martin Season Underway
Birders,

The gourds at Parker River NWR are up, and nearly half are open for the
new arrivals. We've expanded at Lot #1 this year by adding another
pole and gourd array. There are decoys set up again, and they've
already been photographed...

At the North End of the island, we've got 50% of the gourds open as
well. The property at the north end of Plum Island will likely change
hands in the next couple of years, and I'd very much like an established
colony at Salisbury Beach State Reservation before that transaction
transpires as one never knows what the future holds at the North End
site....

Dave Adrien and I have a new pole and gourd array for Salisbury Beach
State Reservation and are awaiting the Manager's site selection.

The Lot #1 hawk watchers have been so great in keeping me appraised with
martin reports. Thank you, Ted & Ursula!!

I'll send regular updates as the season progresses. Feel free to
contact me privately with any questions regarding our local martin
colonies.

Good birding,
Sue

Sue McGrath