Date: 4/13/17 10:51 pm
From: Justin Bosler <justin.bosler...>
Subject: [texbirds] Iceland Gull - NO, Great black-backed Gull - YES
My apologies...I used the default email app instead of gmail which always
seems to replace text with symbols. Let's try this again...
The putative 2nd-year Iceland Gull was not present today, 13 April, on
Bolivar Flats. I searched for 6 hours starting at 2 p.m. and ending at 8
p.m. with no luck. Supposedly it was seen yesterday, however, I saw no
eBird reports for the 12th.

Fortunately, I did not strike out entirely on all 3 gull species that I set
out to chase. The 2nd-year Great black-backed Gull showed up a little
after 7:30
p.m. at the point. It preened and bathed for 15-20 minutes before flying
off.

Good birding!
Justin Bosler
Austin, TX