Date: 4/13/17 7:41 pm
Subject: [birders] Iceland Gull -- Grosse Pointe Farms
Friends:

The Iceland Gull is still hanging around in Grosse Pointe.

It can often be found sitting on the accretion just north of Pier Park in Grosse Pointe Farms, south of the border with Grosse Pointe Shores.

We occasionally get an Iceland Gull or two in winter, but I have never seen one on Lake St. Clair this late in the spring. The coloration of the bill most closely resembles that of a second-winter bird shown in the National Geographic field guide.

Good birding!

Bill Rapai
Grosse Pointe

Author of Lake Invaders: Invasive Species and the Battle For the Future of the Great Lakes, named a Michigan Notable Book for 2017 by the Library of Michigan. http://www.wsupress.wayne.edu/books/detail/lake-invaders

Setting options from the command line is explained in the User Guide:

https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/help/user User Guide
https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/help/faquser FAQ

To search the archive and view jpeg images:
https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/arc/birders

birders is hosted by the Great Lakes Information Network (GLIN):

http://www.glin.net

All views and opinions presented above are solely those
of the author or attributed source and do not necessarily
reflect those of GLIN or the Great Lakes Commission.