Date: 4/13/17 6:18 pm
From: Howard Wu <howiewu1...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Sully woodlands, no shrike, FOS Ixodes scapularis, other sightings
Sorry to disappoint you, *Ixodes scapularis* is deer tick :-)

I made a lunch time quick trip to Sully Woodlands. Unfortunately this time
I did not find the Northern Shrike, however, I did find the birder who
first found it -- Steve Johnson (nice meeting you, Steve!).

I was rather pressed for time and did not get much else, of mild interest
is that I heard a Barred Owl from the northwestern corner of the field.

When I got home I found a tick on myself. I promptly changed all my cloth
and took a shower. Because of the mild winter, it is forecast that ticks
will be especially rampant this year, so be careful.

Cheers,
Howard Wu
Herndon, VA