Date: 4/13/17 1:03 pm
From: Carolyn Amos <camospdx...>
Subject: [obol] Re: singing White-throated Sparrow in SR Portland
We have had one visiting occasionally all winter and for the last three
days we have had one calling each morning and feeding on the ground under
our feeder. I'm from Minnesota where the call of this lovely bird rings
through the forests. It immediately takes me back to my childhood each
morning! Loving it!

We are in Forest Grove!

Carolyn Storey

On Apr 13, 2017 9:57 AM, "Gerard Lillie" <gerardlillie...> wrote:

In the early 90's a White-throated Sparrow overwintered in my yard. Come
spring, it began singing and collecting nesting material. I never saw it
cavorting with another bird and curiously watched it exhibiting nesting
behavior over a several day period. One day it was simply gone and I don't
know what became of it.

Gerard Lillie
Portland, OR