Date: 4/13/17 8:55 am
From: John Liller <john.liller...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Broad Meadow Brook Wildlife Sanctuary - 4/13/17
I recorded the following yesterday afternoon (4/13/17) at the Broad Meadow
Brook Wildlife Sanctuary in Worcester. I began by walking the Troiano/Heron
Pond Loop and then went to the Frog Pond Trail and along Wilson Swamp.

Canada Goose (10 - 8 in Heron Pond and 2 flyovers)
Wood Duck (4 males in Wilson Swamp)
Mallard (11 - 1 male along Troiano, 2 pairs in Heron Pond, and the rest in
Wilson Swamp)
Great Blue Heron (3 - 2 on branches near old nest, 1 in Wilson Swamp)
Red-tailed Hawk (1)
Rock Pigeon (3 - flyovers togther)
Mourning Dove (1)
Belted Kingfisher (1 - Wilson Swamp)
Downy Woodpecker (4)
Hairy Woodpecker (5 - including a pair doing an emphatic courtship dance)
Eastern Phoebe (2 - bringing material into the culvert at south end of
Troiano)
Blue Jay (11)
Tree Swallow (4 - all at Heron Pond)
Black-capped Chickadee (6)
Tufted Titmouse (4)
White-breasted Nuthatch (1)
Carolina Wren (3)
American Robin (25)
Field Sparrow (1)
Song Sparrow (13)
White-throated Sparrow (1)
Dark-eyed Junco (8)
Northern Cardinal (9)
Red-winged Blackbird (45)
Common Grackle (74 - 50+ in the area of Wilson Swamp)
Brown-headed Cowbird (4)
House Finch (12)
American Goldfinch (15)
House Sparrow (34)